2.01.2010

i ♥ new kors

remember those perks of the job i told you about in my previous post on hospice evening's oscar de la renta show? well last weekend my job offered me the chance to live out one of my dreams during a palm beach heart ball pre-event.

while preparing for the poolside michael kors and graff fashion show at mar-a-lago jan. 23, i not only had the chance to view michael kors' spring 2010 collection backstage and hear what the man himself had to say about the collection, but i also had a little back-and-forth with him unrelated to his new line. and let me tell you...he is awesome.


i'd say kors one of the nicest celebrities i've met - confident yet seemingly humble, a constant smile on his face, going out of his way to make conversation with those around him, and stopping for every photo requested of him. the highlight of my night: michael kors complimenting me on my mini louis vuitton speedy because of its "old" look. in other words, i've used it so much the past few years that the handles are a deep, deep brown and it kind of looks like i drug it through the dirt.


kors says his line is partially inspired by lady gaga and it shows (another one of my fav things about him. he shares my love for her and was flying out to see her show in new york). models even strutted around the pool to a mix of gaga's "fame" and "love game." the line is much classier than gaga's style though, with touches of jackie o and very much palm beach.


from the "floating" dresses, cut-out ensembles, giant ball necklaces and bond girl-style bikinis, to the pastels, structured shoulders, metallic and nude pumps and high-shine pieces still fit for spring, there wasn't much about the show i didn't love...including the hot male model with the tattoos.


as you can see, i snapped a few pics of the al fresco runway on my iphone, but for a better view of the show, check out the palm beach post's fashion shots, page 2 live blog from jose lambiet, or palm beach daily new's story and video by the fabulous robert janjigian.


by the way, in case you're wondering, i unfortunately cannot afford to wear michael kors myself. instead i wore a purple silk dress with some beautiful draping that i got from bcbg for 70 percent off. but i did have on my less expensive michael by michael kors wedges!

No comments:

Post a Comment